Frequently Asked Questions
Schedule of Events
- 8:30 – 10:00 Kick-Off Breakfast – Saltwater Pavilion, Rockport Beach
- 10:00 – 5:00 Shop All Day at participating Rockport and Fulton stores
- 5:30 – 7:30 Awards – Drinks, & Prizes – Saltwater Pavilion, Rockport Beach
Saltwater Pavilion located on Rockport Beach, 210 Seabreeze Drive, Rockport, TX 78382
What is a shopping tournament?
Think shopping with a competitive twist. Experience a day of shopping with friends, amazing discounts, costumes, prizes, food, and zany fun. Dress in costumes for a “Team Theme” and compete for prizes as you shop. Teams may visit the shops and preview their merchandise before the actual tournament. Teams will shop in as many of the OFFICIAL PARTICIPATING STORES as possible. You’ll want to visit them all for chances to win and extra perks! (Store Participation in this tournament is by invitation.) https://rockportfultonshoppingtournament.com. Team members may remain together as they shop or choose to do some individual shopping.
How do I enter?
Put together a team of up to 5 shoppers and register by clicking here NOW. Make your holiday shopping and wish lists, pack the credit cards, and earn prizes and win store drawings.
Need a Print and Mail Registration form?
What if I bring family or friends who do not participate in the tournament?
Rockport and Fulton have many tourist attractions, such as birding, airboat rides, beaches, art, historic sites, and museums for your guests to enjoy. Check out the Rockport-Fulton Chamber of Commerce website for more information about “things to do” in our spectacular Coastal Community. http://www.rockport-fulton.org/
What is “Pre-shopping”?
Visit the participating stores during the week prior to the tourney. You may choose merchandise and merchants will hold it for you, but NO PURCHASES MADE PRIOR TO SATURDAY WILL COUNT TOWARD THE TOURNAMENT SHOPPING. Saturday shopping hours are 10:00 am – 5:00 pm.
How do I win?
Teams receive one scorecard at the Kick-Off Breakfast that notes individual and team spending. Each shopper will receive an envelope for receipts to keep track of purchases during the day. Turn in your scorecard at the Awards Ceremony – all expenditures will be kept confidential. There are tournament prizes for top “spending” individuals and teams (though no AMOUNTS will be disclosed), teams with the best team spirit, costume, and more. Team Spirit Awards are chosen by the Stores…so whoop it up when you are in the stores! Stores will also be engaged because Shoppers choose the TOP THREE stores (Shopper’s Choice Award) they like most! Stores are also offering door prizes and refreshments. All winners will be announced and prizes awarded at the Awards Ceremony . You must shop in both Rockport and Fulton stores.
Shoppers are NOT allowed to use previously purchased gift certificates to make purchases that count for the shopping tournament.
No special classification of stores
All participating stores will use the same point system – 1 pt. per $1 spent.
Merchant participation in this tournament is by invitation.
You may certainly shop at Non-Tournament stores, but those purchases WILL NOT be included in your scores. Teams that make purchases in ALL stores will earn 100 extra points.
How will I be scored?
DO NOT TALLY YOUR CARDS!!!!!! TOURNAMENT OFFICIALS WILL DO THAT FOR YOU TO VERIFY WINNERS!
Scores are calculated as follows:
- Earn points by purchasing from our participating stores ($1 = 1 point)
- Go for a BIG HIT at each store by spending $100 or more PER INDIVIDUAL (not TOTAL Team spending in that store). You will earn double individual points ($1 = 2 points) at each store where you score a BIG HIT.
- Scoring committee will total your basic points and add in the total of your BIG HIT purchases.
- If you purchase in ALL the stores you get 100 extra points.
- Individuals with the top highest scores win
- Even more exciting ways to earn points will be announced at the Kick-Off Breakfast on the day of the tournament!
- Scoring Committee will total individual points from each team member
- Divide the total by the number on the team
- Teams with the top highest average scores win
Who benefits from the tournament?
- Shoppers: some great deals, early shopping for the holidays, and fun for everyone, and all stores will be offering discounts for your purchases.
- The ACWLC will use the funds raised for community service projects in Rockport, Fulton, and Aransas County.
Will packages be a problem?
Merchants will happily store your oversized purchases upon request and make arrangements for pick-up.