Frequently Asked Questions
Schedule of Events
- 8:30 – 10:00 Kick-Off Breakfast – Rockport Little Theatre Event Centre
- 10:00 – 5:00 ‘Shop ‘til you drop’ at participating Rockport and Fulton stores
- 5:30 – 7:30 Awards – Drinks, & Prizes – Rockport Little Theatre Event Centre
Rockport Little Theatre Event Centre located at 99 N Austin Street, Rockport, TX 78382
What is a shopping tournament?
Think shopping with a competitive twist. Experience “shop ’til you drop” shopping with discounts, costumes, prizes, food, and zany fun. Dress in costumes (encouraged) and compete for prizes as you shop. Teams may visit the shops and preview their merchandise before the actual tournament. Teams will shop in as many, and all, of the OFFICIAL PARTICIPATING STORES (Store Participation in this tournament is by invitation.) listed on our website https://rockportfultonshoppingtournament.com. Team members may remain together as they shop or choose to do some individual shopping.
COVID-19 Considerations – Some of stores highly encourage/require the use of a mask. Please respect.
Why not incorporate your mask as part of your costume?
How do I enter?
Put together a team of up to 4 shoppers and register by clicking here NOW. Make your holiday shopping and wish lists, pack the credit cards, and earn prizes and win store drawings.
What if I bring family or friends who do not participate in the tournament?
Rockport and Fulton have many tourist attractions, such as birding, airboat rides, beaches, art, historic sites, and museums for your guests to enjoy. Check out the Rockport-Fulton Chamber of Commerce website for more information about “things to do” in our spectacular Coastal Community. http://www.rockport-fulton.org/
What is “Preview shopping”?
The majority of Tournament stores will NOT be open late Friday evening. Shoppers may preview merchandise in the stores during the week prior to the tourney but NO PURCHASES MADE PRIOR TO SATURDAY WILL COUNT TOWARD THE TOURNAMENT SHOPPING. Saturday shopping hours are 10:00 am – 5:00 pm.
How do I win?
Teams receive one scorecard at the Kick-Off Breakfast that notes individual and team spending. Each shopper will receive an envelope for receipts to keep track of purchases during the day. Turn in your scorecard at the Awards Ceremony – all expenditures will be kept confidential. There are tournament prizes for top “spending” individuals and teams (though no AMOUNTS will be disclosed), teams with the best team spirit, costume, and more. Team Spirit Awards are chosen by the Stores…so whoop it up when you are in the stores! Stores will also be engaged because Shoppers choose the TOP THREE stores (Shopper’s Choice Award) they like most! Stores are also offering door prizes and refreshments. All winners will be announced and prizes awarded at the Awards Ceremony . You must shop in both Rockport and Fulton stores.
Shoppers are NOT allowed to use previously purchased gift certificates to make purchases that count for the shopping tournament.
No special classification of stores
All participating stores will use the same point system – 1 pt. per $1 spent. Shoppers will earn 100 points for each store in which items are purchased, so more stores = more points.
Store participation in this tournament is by invitation.
You may certainly shop at Non-Tournament stores, but those purchases WILL NOT be included in your scores. Teams that make purchases in ALL stores will earn 100 extra points.
How will I be scored? DO NOT TALLY YOUR CARDS!!!!!!
TOURNAMENT OFFICIALS WILL DO THAT FOR YOU TO VERIFY WINNERS!
Scores are calculated as follows:
- Earn points by purchasing from our participating stores ($1 = 1 point)
- Go for a BIG HIT at each store by spending $100 or more PER INDIVIDUAL (not TOTAL Team spending in that store). You will earn double individual points ($1 = 2 points) at each store where you score a BIG HIT.
- Total your basic points. Add in the total of your BIG HIT purchases. Multiply 100 points by the number of stores where purchases were made (the more stores, the better your score).
- If you purchase in ALL the stores you get 100 extra points.
- Individuals with the top highest scores win
- Total individual points from each team member
- Divide the total by the number on the team
- Teams with the top highest average scores win
Who benefits from the tournament?
- Shoppers: some great deals, early shopping for the holidays, and fun for everyone, and all stores will be offering discounts for your purchases.
- The ACWLC will use the funds raised for community service projects in Rockport, Fulton, and Aransas County.
Will packages be a problem?
Stores have indicated that they will happily “store” your oversized purchases upon request and deliver them to the closing ceremonies.